Swimming pools offer a welcome relief from summer's heat, but they are also responsible for thousands of injuries and deaths every year. A drowning or serious swimming pool accident can happen within seconds, whether it is due to faulty equipment, swimmer inexperience of another reason. If you or a family member has been the victim of a swimming pool drowning or serious injury, there are several pieces of key information that will help protect your right to fair compensation. These include the following:
- It is important to obtain evidence before the swimming pool owner has had the chance to conceal it
- Take pictures of anything that may have contributed to the accident, such as an unsecured ladder or diving board, uncovered drain, overcrowded conditions and related factors
- Be sure to write down the name and contact information for any witnesses to the accident or drowning
- You can also ask each witness to provide a statement
- Get copies of official record such as the police report and medical records
In a swimming pool accident or drowning, it is best to contact a personal injury law firm like Thorsnes Bartolotta McGuire immediately. Our lawyers prevent you from making a statement to the swimming pool's insurance company that may later be used against you. We advise all personal injury clients to refer insurance agents and lawyers for the other party to us rather than make a statement. We can also help you file a restraining order against the owner of the swimming pool if he or she attempts to tamper with critical evidence.
Thorsnes Bartolotta McGuire are experienced civil trial lawyers located in San Diego. We have spent our careers fighting for the rights of injured people to receive fair compensation for their injuries and bring the responsible parties to justice.